Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The Want - Greatest Hits Volume 5


The Want - Greatest Hits Volume 5


I first heard this album at my friend Tim's house. I was asleep, and woke up in the morning to this balsting amd a fresh pot of coffee. I was thinking to myself, whoah, I have never heard this album before, I wonder who it is... what year its from... turns out these guys lived in my own back yard. It wasn't a 70's forgotten record that I thought I just missed somehow. THIS WAS NEW! The sounds on it were amazing DRUMS BASS GUITAR VOCALS, all recorded amazingly!

Here are links to 2 videos, maybe some of the only known footage of them

With a little research, I tracked down all their stuff, and its all good! Too bad they didn't get more popular, because they were the shit.

If you like Zep, Sabbath, Humble Pie, you will not be dissapoitned. One of my fav cd's. Plus Jeff & Adam are good dudes to boot!

The Want was an American stoner/blues rock band from Union, New Jersey.
The Want put out two albums in the 90s but are best remembered for their "greatest hits" compilation on Southern Lord Records released in 2000. They draw heavily from 70s influences (Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath are usually noted and have been criticized for being too loyal to their roots.

The Want released their debut album, 5 O'Clock Orange, in 1996 on Mack-Daddy Records. A follow-up, Acid Millennium, was released the following year. In 2000 Southern Lord Records released a compilation of songs from the first two albums with the misleading title Greatest Hits Vol. 5. They also recorded "Let the Music Do the Talking," which appeard on Right in the Nuts, a tribute to Aerosmith released by Small Stone Records.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND BUY THIS CD!!!





1 comment:

  1. I like them! Good name, too. Some bands just get it right. Btw, I believe a few jaimes mamas have checked out lobster tears. You're welcome!!!

    Finally figured out how to comment on here, but I had to use an old username. That's why it says volcano mama instead of jaimes. I'll get it right, eventually...

    ReplyDelete